- The link to our interactive browser of the results of the systematic literature review on using meta-heuristics and machine learning for optimization of parallel computing systems has changed
- The new link is: http://slr.smemeti.com
- January 1st, 2020 - I started working as a senior lecturer at Blekinge Institute of Technology.
- January 1st, 2019 - I started as a postdoc at Linköping University.
- December 20th, 2018 - I defended my PhD thesis at Linnaeus University.
- Title: "Programming and Optimization of Big Data Applications on Heterogeneous Computing Systems"
- The 12th International Symposium on High-Level Parallel Programming and Applications (HLPP-2019)
- July 3-5, 2019, Linköping, Sweden (https://www.ida.liu.se/conferences/hlpp2019/)
Hi! I am a senior lecturer at the department of computer science (DIDA) at Blekinge Institute of Technology (BTH) in Karlskrona, Sweden. My research interests include improving the performance and energy consumption of heterogeneous parallel computing systems through various optimization techniques, and improving the programmability and portability of such systems through source-to-source compilation techniques.
Part of the time, as an educator, I teach students courses related to operating systems, parallel computing, compiler constructions, and scientific methods.
I am born in North Macedonia where I also finished my bachelor studies in Computer Science at the South East European University. In 2010, I moved to Sweden to continue with the master studies. I received a M.Sc. degree in Software Technology from the Linnaeus University (LNU) in 2012. In my master thesis project, I developed a compiler-based approach for code generation from regular expressions and finite automata. Between 2012 and 2014, I worked as a software engineer in Stockholm, Sweden.
I started my PhD studies in Computer Science at LNU in September 2014 and finished in December 2018. My PhD research focus was in programming and optimization of heterogeneous parallel computing systems. During this period, I was also involved in different teaching activities in various bachelor and master courses at LNU, including Operating Systems, Parallel Computing, and Compiler Constructions. Furthermore, I have been involved in the H2020 SciChallenge project for increasing the attractiveness of science education and scientific careers for young people. I was also involved in the Software Technology for Self-Adaptive Systems project with focus on Optimizations applied to Automated Assembly of Customized Control Cabinets.
I did my postdoctoral studies between January 2019 and January 2020 at the Programming Environment Laboratory (PELAB) of the Department of Computer and Information Science (IDA) at Linköping University, Sweden. I was involved in the EXA2PRO EU2020 project, which aims at developing a programming environment to enable the efficient deployment of parallel applications in exascale systems. In particular, we focused on using component-based and skeleton-based programming paradigms for the development of high level software applications that provides performance portability and better programmability. I was also involved in different teaching activities in the following courses: Programming of parallel computers – methods and tools, Multi-core and GPU Programming, and Scientific Method.
Since January 2020, I am working as a senior lecturer at the Department of Computer Science (DIDA) at Blekinge Institute of Technology (BTH) in Karlskrona, Sweden.
Department of Computer Science (DIDA)
Blekinge Institute of Technology (BTH)
email: suejb [dot] memeti [at] bth [dot] se